A cleared medical device for Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD) shown to improve gland function.
The LipiFlow® Thermal Pulsation System consists of a Console and a single-use sterile device, known as the Activator, and has a drug-free mechanism of action. Eye care professionals use the LipiFlow System to treat MGD patients in-office with confidence and efficiency.
The Lipiflow System represents more than 10 years of dedicated research and is protected by more than 30 patents. A phased pressure profile with adaptive force equalization and proximal-to-distal peristaltic motion evacuates gland contents as the inner lid is gently heated.
HOW THE LIPIFLOW SYSTEM WORKS
- The procedure centers around the breakthrough Vector Thermal Pulse Technology™ (VTP)
- After an initial anesthetic drop, no drugs are required for the procedure
- The LipiFlow system safely delivers therapeutic energies to the meibomian glands while protecting the delicate structures of the patient’s eye
- As a result, the obstructed meibum is liquefied and pushed up and out of the gland orifices
- Contoured design vaults the cornea and protects the eye
- Heat and pressure are regulated with redundant sensors
We also offer the LipiScan Dynamic Meibomian Imager.